[tex-live] texinfo not happy with texlive not producing log?

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Mon Nov 7 23:59:15 CET 2016

Le 7 nov. 2016 à 23:53, jfbu <jfbu at free.fr> a écrit :

> Le 7 nov. 2016 à 23:44, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> a écrit :
>
>> used by most Linux package managers.  If an OS/X user invokes
>> install-tl --gui it's better to point him to MacTeX instead of
>> suggesting to install Perl/Tk.
>
> perhaps TeX Live Utility, not MacTeX ?
>
> after all, if the user wants MacTeX she doesn't worry about install-tl !

and the command line interface of install-tl is already quite graphical
of sorts with easily understood one letter or one digit commands, it is not
purely "on one line".

only problem I ever experienced is that I had to increase the number
of rows of my Terminal (on mac os x) to see the whole thing.

IMHO

Jean-Franços