[tex-live] LuaLaTeX potential problems

Petr Olsak petr at olsak.net
Sat May 14 08:10:58 CEST 2016

Hello,

I did try (only coincidentally) following document

\documentclass[varwidth]{standalone}
\begin{document}
Nazdar.
\end{document}

processed by LuaLaTeX. It doesn't work with new LuaTeX where \pdfpagewidth
primitive isn't accesible (in TeXlive pretest).

There are thousands LaTeX packages and classes, they may be used in
LuaLaTeX document. IMHO, there is very hight probability of problems
simlilar like this. I don't understand why LuaLateX doesn't load
luatex85.sty by default when it is generated.

Of course, this is not my problem because I am not supporting LaTeX. OPmac
macros were corrected, they work with new LuaTeX with etex.src format. And
CSplain reads luatex85.sty when it is generated with LuaTeX.

Petr Olsak