[tex-live] problem in ltluatex.tex

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 2 21:29:30 CET 2016

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 07:47:17PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 12:07:35PM -0700, Karl Berry wrote:
> > Random guess: your .fmt file (latex.fmt, pdflatex.fmt, etc.) has not
> > been rebuilt since the latex source files were updated.  Try running
> > fmtutil-sys --all  (or some such, as you prefer).  -k
>
> Well, two people have now suggested this - but it does not help.  I
> think the problem is because of the old files in ~/.texlive2015.

I suppose the real problem was that I was doing something very
unusual - building from source (repeatedly, on fresh installs over
the months, to check that toolchain and other changes such as to
grep[1] did not break it), and now _also_ updating the same year
from a newer binary build : separate systems, but shared /home.

I've now moved ~/.texlive2015 to {,-source}, created an empty
texlive2015-binary variant, and symlinked to the matching version.
That "just works".

Thanks for all the assistance.

[1.] gnu grep-2.23 broke xindy's build, the maintainer is aware and
meanwhile I've used awk in BLFS's 'recipe'.

ĸen