[tex-live] memory leak with kpathsea_find_file() ?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 28 00:50:53 CEST 2016

    kpathsea_new() when my library starts and kpathsea_finish() when my
    library finishes, and in between i can use all the kpathsea_*
    functions I want ?

Sounds reasonable to me.

    Error #1: INVALID HEAP ARGUMENT to free 0x03bec028

Do you check if n is NULL?

Does it make a difference if the free is before the kpathsea_finish call?
(kpathsea_finish should be nearly a no-op, but ...)

Are you using a distro's kpathsea or the original from TL?
I have no idea what distros do to kpathsea, but I'm pretty sure they
don't leave it alone.

Aside from those trivialities, I don't have drmemory and can't reproduce
it with valgrind if I set name = "cmr10.tfm".  So I don't know what to
say.  All I can suggest is running it under the debugger to see what's
going on.

Good luck,
Karl