[tex-live] General test suite for TeX-Live

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Jun 19 11:13:05 CEST 2016

On 2016-06-19 at 09:30:51 +0200, Zdenek Wagner wrote:

 > Hi all,
 >
 > the idea of automated tested was here more than a year ago and I
 > explained that I consider it impossible. Nobody knows which set of
 > packages will be used in a document created by each user. It is
 > only possible to create subsets of test files.

Dear Zdeněk,
I fully agree with you. But I don't think that a test is useless
only because it doesn't catch all possible errors.

What I propose is to

  \let\uwe\proceed

Zdeněk, I'm certainly much more pessimistic than you, but I think that
we should allow Uwe to prove that our assumptions are wrong.

The only alternative I can imagine is to do nothing.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de