[tex-live] today's pdftex update

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:58:42 CEST 2016

On 15 June 2016 at 15:07, David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 June 2016 at 15:04, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> With today's update to pdftex I no longer can get automatic conversion of
>> file.eps->file-eps-converted-to.pdf without using --shell-escape. I get the
>> error message
>>
>> !! Error: Option forbidden in restricted mode: --device
>> system returned with code 65280
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
>>

> The code was re-arranged, but it's supposed to work, let me check.....

Oh, I spotted a couple of issues with the graphics package re-arrangement
so I may have to update but I think the underlying error isn't my fault
this time (for once:-)

I get on a test file more or less as you reported:

(./rotex.exepstopdf ($Id: epstopdf.pl 41287 2016-05-28 18:09:45Z karl $)
2.24
!!! Error: Option forbidden in restricted mode: --device

Karl, is this a change in epstopdf?

David