[tex-live] TL2016 brings "no driver" error where previously there was none

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:42:13 CEST 2016

On 7 June 2016 at 16:34, <tljack at forallx.net> wrote:

> On 2016-06-06 16:05, Akira Kakuto wrote:
>
>> /tl/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphics.sty:94: Package graphics Error:
>>> No driver specified.
>>>

>> Not confirmed here.
>> % pdflatex
>> \documentclass[a4paper]{article}
>> \usepackage{enumitem,geometry,array,graphicx,amsmath,amssymb}
>> \begin{document}
>> Foo.
>> \end{document}
>> works ok.
>> Do you have
>> texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics-cfg/graphics.cfg ?
>>

> I assume that path should end with /graphics/graphics.cfg.
>
> Anyway, no I don't have that file either in TL2016, or in TL2015.  TL2016
> is the only one with the error.
>
> -jack

If you do not have graphics.cfg then you need to supply an explicit driver
option to the graphics package but one has been part of texlive since
before it was called texlive.

in tl2015 (and possibly tl2016) what do you get returned for

kpsewhich graphics.cfg

If you have not got that file you can get it from

https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/graphics-cfg

but how did you install texlive?

David