[tex-live] Error: Sorry---you've exceeded BibTeX's hash size 35307, Aborted at line xxx of file xxx

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jul 31 01:32:47 CEST 2016

    exceeded BibTeX's hash size 35307

Try setting the environment variable max_strings_bibtex to a
sufficiently large prime number, e.g., 99109.  As in
  max_strings_bibtex=99109; export max_strings_bibtex

(Could also be done in a local texmf.cnf file but I surmised the envvar
method will be easier in your situation.)

This is off the top of my head, I can't test right now.
If still no good, just write back ... hope it flies.  --karl