[tex-live] Error: Sorry---you've exceeded BibTeX's hash size 35307, Aborted at line xxx of file xxx

Markus Kohm komascript at gmx.info
Sat Jul 30 09:26:52 CEST 2016

Am Freitag, 29. Juli 2016, 09:13:27 schrieb Michael Perryman:
> I have a .bib file with 13,000 entries (200,000 lines), and a Latex
> master file with various include files.

This is not a TeX Live question but a general (Bib)TeX question. So you should
ask at a general TeX mailing list like TeX-L or TeX forum like
tex.stackexchange.com.

Nevertheless: BibTeX has static array limits. You could try bibtex8 with
option --wolfgang (no, this is not a joke) or with option --mstring 50000. I
would recommend to switch zu biblatex + biber, because biber does not have
such limits. For more information please ask somewhere else (see above).