[tex-live] TL2016: biber 2.4 does not work with biblatex 3.4

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Jul 19 15:00:45 CEST 2016

Hi Werner,

>Hmmm ... my choise was based on the latest texlive.tlpdb.xz I had found
>after TeXLive 2016 had been release and this shows

Hmm, I don't understand what you are saying. The tlpdb of tlnet is updated on a daily basis, and describes the state of the packages in the tlnet folder on CTAN at that time.

>  catalogue-version 2.4
>
>MHO it would help a lot if all data bases are in sync and also there

We would like to, but sometimes the packages are updated but the TeX Catalogue is lagging behind a bit. Then there is a skew in the versions.

If the catalogue is updated at a later stage we do *not* trigger a package update on purpose.

>would be a copy of the archive around which fits exactly the state of
>the final TeXLive release ;)

There is for sure, historic on CTAN out so.

All the best

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert + TeX Live & Debian Developer + http://www.preining.info
GPG: 0x860CDC13 fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0 ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13