[tex-live] TeX Live 2016 binary distribution milestone

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Jul 7 02:57:02 CEST 2016

Hi Joachim, hi all

> >     host xindy on different implementations of Common Lisp.

That would be a great!

> Roughly 6 weeks ago, I started to evaluate what other CL systems
> are available and widespread. Currently, Steel Bank CL
> http://sbcl.sourceforge.net/ looks like an interesting choice. Or
> ECL https://common-lisp.net/project/ecl/. Evaluation of Unicode

I personally have good experiences with SBCL. We are developing
an algebraic specification language on top of CL, originally
Allegro, then also Gnu Common Lisp (what a pain, horrible!),
and since 3 years on also sbcl, and we are more or less
exclusively using sbcl nowadays.

As also one of the xindy maintainers in Debian I would love to see
a switch to sbcl, as xindy is already removed from testing and
thus the next stable release due to problems with the underlying
cl, which is also removed.

All the best

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert + TeX Live & Debian Developer + http://www.preining.info
GPG: 0x860CDC13    fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13