[tex-live] my experience of building TeX Live with Windows gcc 64 bits

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jul 2 01:03:55 CEST 2016

    ../../../../texk/kpathsea/doc/kpathsea.texi:126: First argument to
    cross-reference may not be empty.

1. You need the current Texinfo.  That was a new feature we introduced
in Texinfo 5.0 (2013), I believe.

2. If you preserve time stamps from the repository (don't know if that's
possible with your complicated build setup, but anyway), no .info (or
bison or flex or autostuff) files will need to be rebuilt and you don't
need Texinfo at all.  That is the whole reason we check those files into
the repository -- to reduce such dependencies.

If by chance that happens, it is a bug that we will fix, but it is not
the case here, so far as I and my make can determine:

$ cd Build/source/texk/kpathsea/doc
$ ls -lt
total 572
-rw-rw-r-- 1 karl root  24479 Jun 30 01:13 Makefile.in
-rw-rw-r-- 1 karl root 176127 Jun 30 01:07 kpathsea.info
-rw-rw-r-- 1 karl root 127202 Jun 30 01:04 kpathsea.texi
..

--best, karl.