[tex-live] tlmgr warnings after update

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Thu Jan 7 12:22:57 CET 2016

Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> writes:

> Uwe, testing with admin permissions shouldn't be necessary because the
> temporary files supposed to be deleted were created by the same
> process, either with admin or user permissions.  Furthermore, names of
> temporary files are only known within the process which created them.
> Hence tlmgr cannot remove temporary files from former runs.

Ah, I understand. Well, whenever I think that a particular problem could
be concerned with file permissions I'm very suspicious of Windows, so I
gave it a try. But you're right, here it is just about creating and
deleting a file by the same process. That should be within the realms of
possibility even on Windows.

--
Uwe