[tex-live] TL expl3 update broke a mwe for me

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Sun Jan 3 09:10:24 CET 2016

On 03/01/2016 08:02, Ingo Krabbe wrote:

> There it is: When luatex reads CaseFolding it fails to read over a UTF-8 Sequence in a comment!
>
> There are two errors. 1st, the luatex parser should not try to read "control sequences" in comments, should it? 2nd, a file that contains ASCII representations of unicode characters should onl have comments in the 7bit ascii range.
>
> Replace line 20 of CaseFolding.txt with
>
> 	# full case foldings are superior: for example, they allow "MASSE" and "Ma(sharp s)e" to match.
>
> for example and the luatex error is gone.
>
> regards,
>
> ingo

I'll take a look at this. I guess I'll have to add a defensive test in
case users have picked an encoding other than UTF-8. (For the present,
problem.)

(Ideally, I'd not use encodings other than UTF-8 with LuaTeX: the docs
must be new so there's no real reason to use others. However, this I
guess must be supported.)

Joseph