[tex-live] I encounter a problem because texlive is kind of too large for my Ubuntu system in VMWare

yuez 13122528038 at 163.com
Sun Feb 21 02:33:26 CET 2016

Yeah, you're right. I need to remove the documentation. I've successfully linstalled Texlive by changing the value of tex_prefix variable from /usr/local/texlive to a new directory in the new volume.

在 2016-02-21 01:09:30,"Zdenek Wagner" <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com> 写道:

yuez wrote:

> Back in the time when I first tried to have a taste of Latex I run into
> a problem that I posted on Askubuntu:
> http://askubuntu.com/q/706561/398861. It really have bothered me many
> times and I wrote an answer there myself recently only to find that it
> just doesn't work actually. I have set the VMWare to make the system
> have a maximum storage of 80G, but after the configuration the sda1 only
> has 20G as original. Then I have created a new filesystem sda3 which has
> about 15G storage. So I thought I have two methods to tackle the
> problems: 1) enlarge the root filesystem or 2) install tex-live into the
> new volume.
>
> Could anyone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

I know nothing of Ubuntu.  Under Windows 7 64-bit, a full installation
of TeX Live 2014 requires of the order of 7.5Gb :

> Dir /S /T D:\TeX\Live
> 33704 Directories; 145343 Files;  7,497,936,081 bytes.

In Fedora TeXlive 2015 (scheme-full) requires 5.1 GB. The difference is that TL is based also on programs that are parts of Linux (ghostscript, perl, etc.). These programs have to be shipped with TL for Windows and it takes some additional space. If you need to save space, do not install documentation, you can always find it on the web.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz

Philip Taylor