[tex-live] a question about Debian/TeXLive

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Wed Dec 14 09:25:12 CET 2016

Hi Norbert,

> [... useful info from Norbert snipped ...]
>> (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/tipa/t3enc.def
>> File: t3enc.def 2001/12/31 T3 encoding
>
> tipa is one of the examples that is maintained outside the
> texlive-* packages, for historic reasons.
>
> Ah, and last but not least, this is a Debian question and should have been
> posed on debian-tex-maint at l.d.o ;-) But since I am here, too ...

(imagine the face of an innocent 5 years old child:)

ah really you knew about Debian too ? I got lucky then ;-)

... thanks for explaining me about this situation with some
packages outside the texlive hierarchy, at first this looked
strange but I see now all is fine thanks to your explanations.

Best,

Jean-François