[tex-live] fc-cache documentation ?

Daniel H. Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Wed Aug 31 15:28:18 CEST 2016

Philip Taylor wrote:

>Although I am no longer in a position to test, it is possible that the
>following Explorer location may also have disclosed the existence of the
>concealed font file :
>
>> \\localhost\c$\Windows\Fonts

On Windows 7, files that would otherwise be written in a protected directory (such as C:\Windows\) end up in:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\

where username is the current user's login name.

On the other hand, when I cannot seem to find a file in an obvious place (for example, if I saved a file in Excel and look for it in C:\User\luecking\Documents\) I have discovered that our IT guys have configured things so that it is saved to a network server called \\mydocs.uark.edu<file:///\\mydocs.uark.edu>, which I have access to through the "Libraries" tree in my "Computer" window. Probably \\localhost<file:///\\localhost> is similar.

Dan

Daniel H. Luecking
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas