[tex-live] fc-cache documentation ?

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Sat Aug 27 11:59:59 CEST 2016

>> Habe you tried the almighty Google?
>
> As I wrote before, "how is the 'normal' user to learn (a) of its
> existence, and (b) of its potential importance ?"

The question is fully legitimate.

It's the usual discrepance between developers and users.  People who
start with coding often change to a unix-like platform because command
line tools like TeX are natural there.  However, Joe User stays on
Windows and needs different, much enlarged documentation because the
basics are so different.

In particular, FontConfig (which fc-cache is part of) runs on
virtually all GNU/Linux or BSD boxes *automatically* because it is the
de-facto font managing standard on unix-like boxes.

    Werner