[tex-live] TeX Live on Win10

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:45:26 CEST 2016

Hi,

there is an important difference between Windows Home and Windows Pro.
Windows Home do not allow to set different permissions for different users.
Thus any user can write to C:\.  Windows Pro allow to set permissions and
in the default setup only system and administrators can write to C:\. Most
computers have incorrect setup so that an administrative account is used
for everyday work (the user is in the "administrators" group). If the
user's account is set properly, he/she is not allowed to create C:\texlive.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz