[tex-live] rsync?

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Thu Apr 21 16:42:46 CEST 2016

Bob Tennent <rdt at cs.queensu.ca> reports issues with rsync to ftp.math.utah.edu
on Wed, 20 Apr 2016 12:06:58 -0400.

About 6am MDT (GMT/UTC - 6hr) yesterday (Wed 20-Apr-2016), we had a
network hardware failure elsewhere on campus that took parts of lower
campus, including my building, entirely off the campus network, and
the Internet, for about two hours.  The hardware failure was
accompanied by a DNS misconfiguration somewhere on campus that
happened several hours earlier, and compounded the network problem
diagnosis.

Internet service was restored about 8am, but for several hours
afterwards, we saw intermittent network connection failures.

Please retry your rsync attempts.  Things may be better today.

The outage was more serious for me, hanging my desktop for many hours,
and finally forcing a reboot after an uptime of six months on a host
that supports about 20 VMs. Subsequent system updates continue to fail
to complete successfully, and the latest CentOS 7 kernel panics on
reboot, so I have to manually select a previous version.  As a result,
I've been out of e-mail contact for 26 hours, and expect to spend much
of today recovering.