[tex-live] [pretest] Annoucement/Warning - cryptographic signatures

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Sat Apr 16 11:25:50 CEST 2016

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> writes:

> if TEXLIVE_GPG env variable is set -> use it
> else if there is gpg -> use it
> else if there is gpg2 -> use it
> else do not verify.

Suggestion: The message "Setting up gpg did not succeed!" sounds like a
severe error. It could make users worry that something went seriously
wrong and results in a broken setup.

What about changing the phrasing such that it becomes clear that this is
just for info? Perhaps something like "Couldn't detect gpg so will
proceed without verification".

For the rest I should say that I've installed pretest today on my
Windows box. Setup worked as usual and everything is fine for me so far.

--
Uwe