[tex-live] Uploading a new CTAN package - how to specify dependencies?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Apr 16 07:53:06 CEST 2016

Hi Mike,

> I am about to upload a new CTAN package. Since internally it has several

Thanks for your contribution!

> pieces, I would like to structure it as two or three separate CTAN packages.

Good idea.

> The question is - how do I specify the dependencies? The dependency

You cannot but write in the README or similar.

> The goal is to make TL automatically pull and install fonts and hyphenation
> patterns when "churchslavonic" is installed.

That can be done on our side ...

> I am aware of "tlobj" and "tlsrc" files, but I have trouble finding out how

By using these files, but they have *nothing* to do with CTAN.
Please do NOT upload any of tlpsrc or tlpobj files to CTAN, it only
creates more work.

Thanks.

> can I include them
> (or equivalent info) into the CTAN upload.

Simply write what is necessary. And *after* the files have been
included in TL, check and report if there are any problems.

Thanks.

Norbert