[tex-live] issue with "tlmgr paper" currently reporting undefined for pdftex

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Sat Apr 9 19:32:38 CEST 2016

Le 9 avr. 2016 à 19:27, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at me.com> a écrit :

>> On Apr 9, 2016, at 09:38 , jfbu <jfbu at free.fr> wrote:
>>
>> Current pdftex paper size (from /usr/local/texlive/2016/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex-ini-files/pdftexconfig.tex): (undefined)
>

>> The undefined for "pdftex paper size" has an impact on Adam Maxwell's TLU which on launch issues an error message currently.
>
> I don't see that, and I thought it had been fixed last year.
> For reference, TLU uses
>
> $ tlmgr pdftex paper --list
> letter
> a4
>
> and I check its exit status.
>
> --
> Adam

I get

$ tlmgr pdftex paper --list
(undefined)
letter
a4

$ echo "$?"
0

I didn't clarify that I have already switched to the pre-test.

I have

$ kpsewhich --all pdftexconfig.tex
/usr/local/texlive/2016/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex-ini-files/pdftexconfig.tex

and the file pdftexconfig.tex uses TeX macros to read pdftexconfig.dat

For some reason I have in /usr/local/texlive/2016/texmf-dist

a TLPaper Perl module which seems fitted to TL2015, not TL2016.

Jean-François