[tex-live] tlcritical testing for format dependencies

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Nov 30 00:30:58 CET 2015

Norbert and I have devised a way to systematically handle the problem of
rebuilding formats when a dependency is updated.  He has pushed the code
to the tlcritical repository.  It should have no visible effect right
now; we'd like to have people test it to be sure nothing untoward has
been introduced wrt existing behavior.

In a few days we will put complete format dependency information into
the *.tlpsrc files -> tlpdb, which the new code can make use of.

Thus, anyone who is up for testing out of tlcritical now, please give it
a try.  I put some info at http://tug.org/texlive/tlmgr.html#tlcritical ...

Thanks,
Karl