[tex-live] -dAutoRotatePages=/None in the distiller_template

Hironobu Yamashita h.y.acetaminophen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 03:36:43 CET 2015

It's me who asked Akira to examine the effect of -dAutoRotatePages=/None,
Thanks for your kind attention.

FYI:
- pdfTeX and LuaTeX don't rotate figures in eps inclusion, because epstopdf.pl
  already has the default value of -dAutoRotayePages=/None.
- pdfTeX and LuaTeX already support /Rotate command in pdf inclusion, so
  they can rotate pdf files properly (same as adobe reader), at least on my side.
- dvipdfmx (xdvipdfmx) does not support /Rotate command in pdf file, results
  in unexpected output (inclusion in different orientation from adobe reader).
  but you can include such pdf with 'pretreatment':
    gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dAutoRotayePages=/None
    -sOutputFile=out.pdf -c .setpdfwrite -f in.pdf
  Even when in.pdf has /Rotate, out.pdf does not have one.
  Then you can include out.pdf instead of in.pdf.
  (it may be preferred that dvipdfmx supports /Rotate, though.)

Hope this information helps,
Hironobu