[tex-live] mktextmf crashes on windows during tfm creation

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu May 28 13:02:25 CEST 2015

Am Thu, 28 May 2015 19:17:29 +0900 schrieb Akira Kakuto:

> Dear Akira,

By looking a bit closer at the messages during the mktextmf call I
found the source of the problem:

After the message

C:/Users/*****/.texlive2015/texmf-var/fonts/source/lh/lh-t2a/larm2074.mf:
successfully generated.

kpsewhich complained

    Cannot find larm2074.mf.

The reason is that my TEXMF was to long. I have a lot of texmf trees
for various projects and seem to have overstressed kpsewhich. After
removing some of the trees the compilation worked again.

(I don't know if the length of the string is the problem, or the
number of trees that kpsewhich had to search (and so run into some
time problem)).

I will have to improve my scripts so that I can remove unneeded
trees when switching to another project ;-)

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/