[tex-live] mktextmf crashes on windows during tfm creation

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu May 28 12:06:58 CEST 2015

Am Thu, 28 May 2015 18:25:38 +0900 schrieb Akira Kakuto:

> Dear Ulrike,
>
>> I was trying out an example for cyrillic and during this mktexmf.exe
>> crashed. I could reproduce it with TL 14 and TL 15 (pretest).
>
> Thanks for the report. Please try an attached patch t2aenc.def.diff
> for $TEXMFDIST/tex/latex/cyrillic/t2aenc.def.
> I'm using the patched t2aenc.def personally for a reason which I forgot.
> With the t2aenc.def, I don't encounter the crash here (see below).

No the diff doesn't help here (I'm on window 7, 64 bit, I will try
on window 8.1. soon).

(It would have confused me very much if he had helped.
 The diff only replaces
  \DeclareFontSubstitution{\LastDeclaredEncoding}{cmr}{m}{n}
by
  \DeclareFontSubstitution{T2A}{cmr}{m}{n}
and I can't imagine why this should change the mktextfm calls).

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/