[tex-live] About \newXeTeXintercharclass and latexrelease package

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat May 9 12:44:17 CEST 2015

Am Sat, 9 May 2015 11:10:34 +0100 schrieb David Carlisle:

> actually I think that probably is a good workaround.
> probably if   \RequirePackage[2014/01/01]{latexrelease} is specified
> I should have undefined \newXeTeXintercharclass as well but that would just
> have slightly changed the error message you got.

I tried out \newXeTeXintercharclass\foo in plain and latex with
TL2014, 2013 and 2012 and it never gave an error. So it was defined
by default (probably in xelatex.ini, but I didn't check) already for
quite a long time and so imho shouldn't be undefined (or fail)
suddenly only because the newest LaTeX-format isn't used.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/