[tex-live] Identifying the cause of slow compilation

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Mar 12 13:18:23 CET 2015

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> If a file is useful both for plain XeTeX and XeLaTeX, it should be IMHO
> in generic. Shouldn't it be reported as a bug?

Well, probably :-)  But I am rather more keen to get to the bottom of
this performance problem.  I think the next step will be to see if I can
capture the filtered output from Process Monitor and then subject it to
a rigorous statistical analysis -- I have already disabled all
anti-virus/anti-malware stuff with zero effect (other than, perhaps, to
have let some nasties in when I wasn't watching ...).

** Phil.