[tex-live] Can't we get the Belleek (free MathTime) fonts to be distributeable?

Michael Shell list1 at michaelshell.org
Fri Jun 26 19:32:41 CEST 2015

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 09:29:21 +0200
Uwe Siart <usenet at siart.de> wrote:

> My personal favorite is Michael Sharpe's 'newtxtext' and 'newtxmath'.

  Uwe,

For my own use, this would be the way to go. However, newtx is new
enough that there still are too many existing LaTeX systems that
don't have it yet and I can't ask authors to have to install it.

> BTW: There's a 'belleek' package included in TL.

I thought we couldn't distribute that. I wonder if it requires us
to obtain the MathTime font metrics file.

In anycase, if mathptmx is as complete as Belleek, then that
might be my best option.

  Cheers and thanks,

  Mike