[tex-live] Messages when a package update fails

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Jun 16 15:26:23 CEST 2015

Hi Ulrike!

On Tue, 16 Jun 2015, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Installation of new version of tcolorbox did fail, trying to unwind.
> xzdec: (stdin): Unexpected end of input

Hmm, that means that prior to the update a backup was made
(that is *always* done independent of the backup setting)
but somehow the create .tar.xz could not be unpacked again with xz.

This *IS* strange indeed ...

If this is repeatable, it would be nice to track this down.
My guess is that due to the acroread locking also the creation of
the backup failed, although this sounds strange...

Norbert