[tex-live] automatically print dvi files to a printer on windoze

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 15:11:04 CEST 2015

Fonts are not the only problem. Buch more serious problem is that
paper size is unknown. It is possible to use \special but it depends
on the output driver to be used. It is much better to use pdftex
because the paper size can be given by several ways (geometry package,
zwpagelayout package, pdftex primitives) and it is properly set in the
resulting PDF. All PDF readers on all platforms will see the correct
paper size and many printer drivers are then able to switch the tray
if your printer contains several trays with different paper sizes.
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz