[tex-live] automatically print dvi files to a printer on windoze

hw hw at gartencenter-vaehning.de
Fri Jun 12 14:03:24 CEST 2015

Hi,

is it somehow possible to automatically print DVI files to a particular
printer, possibly adjusting printer settings like the paper size?

So far, I have verified that the labels /can/ be printed using dviout.
However, I openend the DVI file and made the printer settings manually
to then print the labels, and these manual steps is what I would like to
automate.

It would be ideal if it could be boiled down to some program being run
from a batch file like 'dviouot -P printer-1 -paper label-foo -f
labels.dvi' so that a user simply clicks an icon (after verifying that
the right size labels are in the printer) to print the labels.