[tex-live] mktexlsr.pl bug (minor, but...)

Paul Vojta vojta at math.berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 27 22:40:11 CEST 2015

Dear all:

I've found a (minor) bug in mktexlsr.pl (or somewhere) that occurs when
using fmtutil-sys.

The bug is that, when I combine my texmf-var and texmf-dist trees, then
fmtutil-sys terminates after generating the first format, with the message

    /usr/local/texmf/bin/kpsetool is encountered a second time at /usr/share/perl/5.18/File/Find.pm line 422.

It doesn't generate any additional formats.

To reproduce the problem (without combining any texmf trees), run the
commands:

	cd /usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-var/xdvi
	ln -s ../ls-R kpsetool
	ln -s kpsetool kpsexpand
	ln -s kpsetool kpsepath
	cd
	fmtutil-sys --byengine luatex

The problem seems to be when fmtutil.pl calls mktexlsr.pl.  However,
the shell command "mktexlsr /usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-var" runs fine.

--Paul Vojta, vojta at math.berkeley.edu