[tex-live] inclusion of pdf figures in tex-live 2015

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 10:13:24 CEST 2015

On 16 July 2015 at 00:19, Akira Kakuto <kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp> wrote:
> Dear David,
>
>> That seems to be it also for the test file I posted earlier
>

> Sorry. I should have noticed it earlier.
> I didn't know that xdvipdfmx did not check
> the PDF version in TL'14.
>
> Best regards,
> Akira

Hi, I'm not sure I understand this extra check, but can it be changed,
to either include the pdf (perhaps with a warning) or not include the
pdf, with an error message.

The current behaviour that pdf files are silently not included with no
warning is going to catch a lot of people out I would guess.

David

Georgios confirmed that adding --output-driver="xdvipdfmx -V 6 -q”
made his original files work, but this is a rather cryptic thing to
ask people to do.