[tex-live] inclusion of pdf figures in tex-live 2015

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 00:49:36 CEST 2015

On 15 July 2015 at 23:39, Akira Kakuto <kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp> wrote:
> Dear Robert,
>
>> I am compiling a book with xelatex and ow MacTeX 2015.
>> I tried to process the file today a few times and a figure
>> working before witn MacTeX 2014 was now simply giving blank spaces. The
>> figures are mostly PDF format already. There is no error and the
>> images are processed. Simply they do not appear. Tomorrow I am going to
>> try with MacTeX 2014 again, as it was working before
>> the update to MacTeX 2015 last week.
>

> I think the reason of the failure may be the newer
> version number of included PDF files.
> In TL'15, xdvipdfmx also checks the version number
> as dvipdfmx. Try
>
> xetex --output-driver="xdivpdfmx -V 7 -q" foo.tex
>
> or
>
> xelatex --output-driver="xdivpdfmx -V 7 -q" foo.tex
>
> If you want to set the PDF 1.7 as a default,
> change the line 13 of $TEXMFDIST/dvipdfmx/dvipdfmx.cfg
> from
>
> V  5

> V  7
>
> Thanks,
> Akira

That seems to be it also for the test file I posted earlier

xelatex test2

produces no warnings but no image.

 xelatex --output-driver="xdvipdfmx -V 6 -q" test2

works as expected, including the image onlypdf.pdf.

That file is PDF 1.6

$ pdfinfo.exe onlypdf.pdf
Creator:        LaTeX with hyperref package
Producer:       dvips + GPL Ghostscript 9.02
CreationDate:   Tue Nov  8 22:05:23 2011
ModDate:        Tue Nov  8 22:05:52 2011
Tagged:         no
UserProperties: no
Suspects:       no
Form:           none