[tex-live] inclusion of pdf figures in tex-live 2015

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Thu Jul 16 00:39:44 CEST 2015

Dear Robert,

> I am compiling a book with xelatex and ow MacTeX 2015.
> I tried to process the file today a few times and a figure
> working before witn MacTeX 2014 was now simply giving blank spaces.
> The figures are mostly PDF format already. There is no error and the
> images are processed. Simply they do not appear.
> Tomorrow I am going to try with MacTeX 2014 again, as it was working before
> the update to MacTeX 2015 last week.

I think the reason of the failure may be the newer
version number of included PDF files.
In TL'15, xdvipdfmx also checks the version number
as dvipdfmx. Try

xetex --output-driver="xdivpdfmx -V 7 -q" foo.tex

or

xelatex --output-driver="xdivpdfmx -V 7 -q" foo.tex

If you want to set the PDF 1.7 as a default,
change the line 13 of $TEXMFDIST/dvipdfmx/dvipdfmx.cfg
from

V  5

V  7

Thanks,