[tex-live] Compiling from source

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jan 15 00:12:53 CET 2015

The /local still seems wrong.

Anyway, what's not clear to me is what you have, which makes it pretty
hard to figure out why nothing works.  I guess you have the result of
running install-tl with our original (unusable for you) binaries?  I.e.,
several gb of tex stuff in /some/dir/texmf-dist?

If so, copy the bindir into /some/dir/bin/henrique, put that in PATH,
and see if kpsewhich can find cmr10.tfm then.  The standard path would be
/usr/local/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/public/cm/cmr10.tfm