[tex-live] config files for fmtutil

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 17:26:22 CEST 2015

Hello,

it seems that behaviour of fmtutil(-sys) has changed. When I try to
regenerate pdflatex, it says:

$ fmtutil-sys --byfmt pdflatex
fmtutil: fmtutil is using the following fmtutil.cnf files (in precedence
order):
fmtutil:   /usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/web2c/fmtutil.cnf
fmtutil: fmtutil is using the following fmtutil.cnf file for writing
changes:
fmtutil:   /usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-config/web2c/fmtutil.cnf
fmtutil: running `pdftex -ini  -jobname=pdflatex -progname=pdflatex
-translate-file=cp227.tcx *pdflatex.ini' ...

I have texmf-local/web2c/fmtutil.cnf where pdflatex is generated with the
-enc switch in order to activate encTeX but the messages show that it is
not used. I do not know when it ceased to work, in the last times I used
XeLaTeX only, so I have not mentioned. I only know that it worked fine in
the pretest.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz