[tex-live] xelatex.fmt generation fails (TL2015/pretest/x86_64-darwin)

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Sat Apr 18 10:41:02 CEST 2015

Le 18 avr. 2015 à 10:18, jfbu <jfbu at free.fr> a écrit :

> Hi
>
> Just to report that today's update (April 18, Europe) has
> fixed the problem with the x86_64-darwin binary for xetex
> which was discussed (at top level) in the Duplicate Thai
> patterns thread.
>
> I just got a bit confused because the version number of
> xetex remained exactly the same
>
> This is XeTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-0.99992 (TeX Live 2015)

ah sorry, I tried to follow but I had obviously not fully
integrated the discussion in

[tex-live] Critical bugfix needed for XeTeX [was: Re: Fwd: Duplicate Thai patterns reported by XeTeX in TL 2015 pretest]

from a message by Jonathan Kew I think I understand
that a work-around has been found in the kpathsea
library, something was changed in

> kpathsea/c-ctype.h.

but the xetex code itself has not been changed (that's
what I understand, I may be wrong)

I did not quite get if the change in kpathsea/c-ctype.h
was only a work-around or the complete fix to the problem,
due to my ignorance,

best
Jean-François