[tex-live] Fwd: Duplicate Thai patterns reported by XeTeX in TL 2015 pretest

Dohyun Kim nomosnomos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 03:01:04 CEST 2015

I forgot to CC the list. So forwarding.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dohyun Kim <nomosnomos at gmail.com>
Date: 2015-04-15 9:43 GMT+09:00
Subject: Re: [tex-live] Duplicate Thai patterns reported by XeTeX in
TL 2015 pretest
To: Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org>

> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 10:27:30AM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> Did XeTeX accidentally become more "clever" about normalisation rules
>> during the last year? Or maybe it started doing automatic word
>> splitting and now automatically inserts spaces in the middle of
>> hyphenation patterns as well?
>
> Nothing that I'm aware of.
>
> Regards,
> Khaled

This issue might be related to the weird behaviour of xetex I have found:

\toks0{유
술
}\showthe\toks0
\bye

$ xetex test.tex
This is XeTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-0.99992 (TeX Live 2015/dev)
(preloaded format=xetex)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
(./test.tex
>  \par .
l.5 }\showthe\toks0

?
 )
No pages of output.
Transcript written on test.log.

As shown, characters `유' and `술' are gone away and nothing is printed.
Note that Unicode codepoints of these characters are U+C720 and U+C220
respectively, with 0x20 in their lower bytes.

Regards,
--
Dohyun Kim
Seoul, Republic of Korea