[tex-live] install-tl, tlutils.pm fail with perl 5.21.5

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Oct 22 01:20:24 CEST 2014

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Probably the same ... argg ... and there will be many more in
>     tlmgr.pl ...
>
> Nathan, is there any chance of pushing back on Perl to not create this
> seemingly-gratuitious incompatibility?

One more thing ... the latest official release is 5.20.1, which
works perfectly fine. I guess this is a change that will hopefully
be reverted/fixed before a new stable release is shipped out,
so for now I would prefer not to go through all of the code.

Nathan, as Karl suggested, please install 5.20.1

Norbert