[tex-live] Format of README file for a package

Manfred Lotz manfred at dante.de
Sat Oct 4 05:49:52 CEST 2014

Hi Jean-François,
Of course, you could consider to just copy README.md -> REAMDE.

Otherwise: pandoc -f markdown -t plain -o README README.md

You might have seen that pandoc supports different flavors of markdown.
Check which one is suitable for you.

You could even try this, going md --> html --> plain

pandoc -f markdown -t html -o README.html README.md
lynx -nolist -display-charset UTF-8 -dump README.html > README

Adjust encoding (-display-charset) to your needs and check if this looks
better or worse than the short pandoc way.

--
Manfred