[tex-live] Makeindex, version 2.15 [TeX Live 2010] (kpathsea + Thai support)

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Oct 3 14:39:03 CEST 2014

Lars Madsen wrote:

> That ought to be easily extendable using Zdeneks suggestion of
> actually asking makeindex to end the entriy with an explicit marker
> like \meti and then just defining \item as a delimited macro. Which
> would make it more durable in connection with strange, very very long
> user input.

I agree.  But I still have not tracked down the definitive documentation
for the syntax of .ist files, and the UK CTAN
file to whcich I previously referred  does not seem to suggest the
possibility of interpolating a trailing delimiter ...

	http://www.tex.ac.uk/ctan/indexing/makeindex/doc/makeindex.hlp

** Phil.