[tex-live] What is the right way to include eps in latex for pdf generating?

Askar Safin safinaskar at mail.ru
Sat Nov 8 15:07:43 CET 2014

Hi.
How to include eps (for example, produced by mpost) in latex for pdf generating? I use TexLive on GNU/Linux.
Using trial-and-error method, I discovered that the following sequence works:

# cat doc.tex
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
\begin{document}
\includegraphics{graphic.1}
\end{document}
# latex doc.tex
# dvipdfm doc.dvi

But I wonder what is the right way of doing this? Is there any way to use "pdflatex" directly and not this ugly "latex + dvipdfm" sequence? Also, I want to know some theory, i. e. what is the right way and why it is
==
Askar Safin
http://vk.com/safinaskar
Kazan, Russia