[tex-live] Crash on Windows XP (perl.exe)

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed May 21 02:21:23 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-20 at 21:30:55 +0000, Lars Madsen wrote:

 > Not reading German is a bit of a bummer regarding that error
 > message.

It's easy to switch to English on Unix, even temporarily, but I must
admit that I don't know how to do that on Windows.  I know that it's
possible.  A friend of mine is permanently switching between German,
English, and Chinese on Windows.  Maybe I have to ask him and post the
instructions here.

On Unix:

  LANG=en_US some_program ...

Error messages in German, Russian, or Portuguese are not helpful at
all in the context of international mailing lists.

 > What happens if you simply restart the install? Could be a bad
 > download.

I doubt.  What I expect is that it crashes somewhere else.

 > Sent from my tablet using TouchDown

Sent from my Game Boy.

Regards,
  Reinhard