[tex-live] TeXLive (Windows) bash script -> exe

Josef Kleber josef.kleber at gmx.de
Mon May 19 16:34:49 CEST 2014

Am 19.05.2014 15:59, schrieb Mojca Miklavec:
> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Josef Kleber wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i wrote a bash script osmimage
>> (http://jklatex.square7.de/download/osmimage), which downloads an
>> OpenStreetMap specified by options.
>>
>> Furthermore, i plan to write a LaTeX package, which uses this script via
>> \write18 (see:
>> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/178883/write18-encoding).
>>
>> The Windows version of TeXLive can not execute bash scripts as such. But i
>> know you can provide a xxx.exe which executes the bash script xxx
>
> This means that somebody needs to have sufficient time and motivation
> to actually rewrite your program in another programming language and
> compile it. There is no magic compiler to turn the bash code into an
> executable.

As i wrote, there is an installfont-tl.exe in the bin directory. I
dont't know who wrote it, but it is not from me. It seems to be a simple
wrapper that opens a cmd.exe and executes my Cygwin bash with 'bash
installfont-tl'. This would be perfect. Linux isn't a problem anyway.

>> Is it enough to kindly ask that you create such an exe or is there something
>> i can do?
>
> Yes, you can rewrite the program in lua and execute it with texlua.

My Lua skills are very basic, but i will take a look. OTOH, then the
package usage is limited to one engine.

Josef