[tex-live] texlive 2014 issues with kpsewhich -show-path

Jose Hissa Ferreira jose.hissa at gmail.com
Tue May 13 02:18:53 CEST 2014

Greetings!

I have two computers from where I installed texlive 2014 pretest release.

Both installations worked fine for about one week and now both are broken.

I got only an empty return line running "kpsewhich -show-path .cls"
command. Also, "kpsewhich article.cls" does not return anything and takes a
very long time to end. On both machines "sudo kpsewhich -show-path .cls"
returns a long (and desired) search path, and "sudo kpsewhich article.cls"
returns the right place:
/usr/local/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls.

I removed and reinstalled texlive 2014 on both machines with the same
behaviour. On both computers, my local texmf is set on
/usr/local/texlive/2014/texmf.conf, but I can not search any of the .sty
file I stored there. Also, "mktexlsr" and "sudo mktexlsr" does not solve
this issue.

Any advise about how to revive my texlive installations are welcome, please.

Sincerely,

JHissa

--
[ ]'s,