[tex-live] --help argument broken in install-tl script when resuming failed installation

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 6 01:15:40 CEST 2014

    The install-tl script doesn't seem to display help when it is invoked
    with --help after a failed installation

Thanks for the report.  Unfortunately I don't think there is any good
way to really solve it, since there's no way to detect what is or isn't
present when the download didn't succeed.  I did put in a fallback so
that the program at least won't try to execute normally if --help was
given, no matter what, although I don't think that is actually what was
happening your case ... sad but true.

Best,
(another) Karl