[tex-live] LuajitTeX / TeXLive 2014

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 09:08:43 CET 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM, Robin Fairbairns wrote:

>> Also, I'm wondering if LuajitTeX will be included in TeXLive 2014 now
>> that it's fully part of LuaTeX repository? If so, will it be considered
>> as an engine,
>
> hah!  compiling on every tex live platform ... isn't starting such a
> project in april a bit optimistic?

Not really. There are certain platforms where this won't work (see
http://luajit.org/install.html). The integration of sources started a
few months back and people were already asked to attempt the first
compilation.

It is certainly optimistic to expect fully fledged LaTeX support, but
getting the engine to compile and run shouldn't be an issue other than
on specific platforms where it can easily be disabled.

In ConTeXt distribution we have binaries for the following platforms
(since January 2013 at least):

mswin32
mswin64

i386-linux
i386-freebsd
i386-kfreebsd
i386-solaris

x86_64-linux
x86_64-darwin
amd64-freebsd
amd64-kfreebsd

armel-linux
powerpc-linux

Success in compiling the following has been reported:

i386-cygwin
i386-darwin - cross compilation has issues, native one works

There were some problems with:

x86_64-cygwin
x86_64-solaris - compiles, but doesn't run (maybe a trivial patch like
the one needed for 64-bit OS X would solve the problem)

LuaJIT itself doesn't support:

alpha-linux
powerpc-darwin (universal-darwin)
sparc-solaris

Uncertain:

mips-irix
mipsel-linux

And platforms where it might not have been attempted yet (but no
problems are expected):

i386-netbsd
amd64-netbsd

Mojca